Fab-BOO-lous Full Moon Paddle
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 10/31/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
The experience begins at 5 pm and will end promptly at 9 pm. Participants can show up and leave as they please - be sure to look at the timing details below to determine what arrival/departure time is best for you! From themed, paddle-up, trick-or-treat stations on water and a DJ busting out only the scariest tunes to a photobooth, costume contest and refreshments/food on-land, this is a haunted Halloween you won’t want to miss.
To maintain social distancing, we have limited ticket sales and we expect tickets to sell out fast! Rowing Dock will outfit each vessel with a boating light and provide light lanyards. Costumes heavily encouraged, with various prizes awarded to the scariest costume, best-home made costume and the best family/group costume.
Time specific details:
- The Fab-BOO-lous paddle experience will begin at 5 pm and end promptly at 9 pm.
- From 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm, we'll have a variety of paddle-up trick-or-treat stations for all to enjoy on a first-come, first-serve basis. For those interested in full-moon gazing, you must show up by 7:30 pm*.
* PLEASE NOTE: If you show up after 7:30 pm, you can participate in all of our on-land activities, but you can not go on the water. All boats must be on the water by 8:00 pm (if you are not in line by 7:30 you won't make this cut off) and all boats must return to the dock by 9:00 pm.
What you need to know:
We are requiring all guests to wear facial coverings while on site. You can take them off when you are on the water, but you will be asked to put them back on before you get out of your boats and on the dock. (If this requirement makes you feel uncomfortable or you cannot follow this policy fully, we do not recommend purchasing tickets to this event.)
You will need to show proof of ticket purchase and bring a valid state issued ID and a matching credit card for incidentals. One adult in the group will need to provide their ID and Credit Card. We will hold onto the ID while you are on the water and will return it when you return your boat .
Late Fees will be charged if you do not return your boats to the dock by 9 pm.
Pro Tip: Wear a waterproof watch or bring a phone in a waterproof floating case so you know what time it is. (we also rent floating dry bags)
If you have a food allergy: We will provide a mix of candy and other kid-friendly items. We will not have any nut-based candy/food in the treat bags, however, it is possible that some of the candy may be manufactured in a facility that processes nuts. Guests with any food-related allergies should fully inspect all labels and nutrition information of the individual items before consuming any treats.
All staff members handing out goody bags on the water will be wearing gloves and facial coverings. To limit contact, we will be passing out a goody bag per person and all goody bags will be sanitized.
- What is your refund policy? We will offer refunds with 48 hours of advance notice. Refund requests must be put in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund requests received within 48 hours will be processed on a case by case basis but are not guaranteed.
- What happens if the event is canceled due to inclement weather? If Rowing Dock cancels the event due to inclement weather, guests will be given a refund in the form of Rowing Dock Gift Certificates of equal value to their ticket purchase. Gift Certificates can be applied to any rental item, merchandise, or future Rowing Dock events. Thanks in advance for supporting local businesses!
- Does everyone have to wear a facial covering? Yes. We are requiring our staff and all customers to wear a facial covering while on-premise. When you are out on the water you can remove your facial covering, but make sure you don't lose it or allow it to get soggy. We will ask you to put the facial covering back on before you exit your boat and get back onto the dock.
- Do Costume Masks count as Facial Coverings? In some cases, yes. If the mask fully covers your nose and mouth that meets our requirement. If there is a nose or mouth hole a facial covering should be worn underneath the costume mask while on land and in close proximity to others.
- Are dogs allowed? No. Dogs are not allowed at this time due to the presence of algae that is present and harmful to dogs.
- Can we bring a cooler? Small coolers are allowed but NO GLASS. Please also make sure you have a way to keep your trash from getting into the lake.
- What is the earliest I can arrive to get checked in? Check in will start at 5 pm.
- Where can we park? There will be limited parking in the Rowing Dock parking lot. There is free street parking along Stratford Drive and under the Mopac Bridge. Please DO NOT leave valuables in your vehicles. We have dry bags for rent and will hold onto your keys while you are on the water.
- Do you have to wear a costume? You do not have to wear a costume to participate, however we'd really love to see everyone join in on the festive aspect of this paddle.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.