For more than 150 years, the YMCA of the USA has forcefully pursued a mission of service to men, women and children of all ages. The YMCA of Austin was chartered in 1953 and granted admission to the Austin United Fund in 1954. By the summer of 1955, the YMCA was operating a health club for businessmen and a day camp for youth. During the following years, the YMCA expanded its programs and facilities to accommodate men, women and children of all ages. In 1955, the YMCA of Austin received its status as a 501c(3) non-profit organization.
The Springs Family branch was founded in December 2007.