2100 Barton Springs Rd.Austin , TX , 78746
Phone: (512) 974-670030° 15' 57.852" N, 97° 46' 8.886" W
What our organization offers:
Subjects / Categories:
Zilker Metropolitan Park is considered "Austin's most-loved park." This 351-acre park is home to a variety of recreation opportunities and special events for individuals and families.
- The Zilker Holiday Tree stands 155 feet tall and is composed of 39 streamers, each holding 81 multicolored, 25-watt bulbs, totaling 3,309 lights. The Zilker Tree lighting ceremony is held annually on the first Sunday in Dec. at 6 p.m.
- The annual Zilker Park Kite Festival is held the first Sunday in March each year.
- Enjoy a ride on the Zilker Zephyr miniature train or paddling a canoe on Town Lake. Play on the large multi-age playscape, hike and bike trails and large full-service picnic areas, six of which are reservable.
- Barton Springs Pool is a natural spring-fed pool with a year-round average temperature of 68 degrees.
- The sports enthusiast will enjoy the sand volleyball courts, a nine-hole disc golf course and two multi-use fields.
- Zilker Botanical Gardens includes the Taniguchi Oriental Garden and the Austin Area Garden Center.
- Austin Nature and Science Center offers a wide variety of programs for children and adults.
- Zilker Hillside Theatre hosts concerts ranging from jazz to country. Additionally, the theatre is the site of the Zilker Summer Musical and Shakespeare in the Park. Bring a blanket to site on the hillside and enjoy these events.
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum is on the south end of the park and is the home of a collection of works by sculptor Charles Umlauf.
- The park also hosts the Austin Sunshine Camp owned and operated by the Young Men's Business League of Austin.